Daniel O'Grady (Physio, Runner & Movement Coach)
Dan originally became interested in the body after sustaining numerous injuries to his knee and spine as a young triathlete and Australian Rules footballer. He saw first hand how physiotherapy can help recovery after an injury. Dan feels very grateful that he is able to help people everyday overcome their own issues and pass on the wisdom of his mentors.
Dan graduated from the University of South Australia in 2001 with a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. Since then Dan had experienced working as a Physio in Australia and the USA that has helped broadened his approach to physical therapy and its integration.
Most recently Dan worked in New York City at the highly respected New York Sports Med. This enabled him to take on advanced training in manual therapy, movement analysis and also study Pilates and Feldenkrais. Dan also has a special interest in dry needling and has undertaken extensive post-graduate training.
Dan believes exercise is medicine and strives to help others to overcome their pain and injury to achieve their potential.
He has worked with a diverse range of sporting teams in Australia, including the Sandringham Sabres Basketball Club, Taylormade Triathlon Club and Caulfield Grammar Athletics Club. He has also been a physiotherapist at the New York City marathon and been involved with the Indigenous Marathon Project run by Robert De Castella.
In his spare time, Dan enjoys cooking, surfing, playing guitar and spending time with his daughter Holly and son Liam. Dan is an active member of the South Australian Road Runners Club and is aiming to run the 2019 Great Southern Half-Marathon, Adelaide Marathon, Murray Bridge Marathon, Greenbelt Half Marathon and the City to Bay.
Dan is passionate about empowering and educating others to feel their best and runs a weekly Group Physio Class and Running Workshops in Adelaide. He is also the founder of Adelaide Outdoors Meetup and runs free, weekly events around Adelaide.
He also writes a blog and enjoys keeping up to date with the latest evidence based practice by attending conferences and lectures around the world. Dan is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (2001) UniSA
- Advanced Dry Needling GEMt
- DMA Pilates
- FMS (Functional Movement Screen)
- Explain Pain, NOI
- Advanced Anatomy, Monash University, Melbourne
- Bridging the Feldenkrais Method and Physical Therapy, Feldenkrais Institute of New York
- Primal Movement Chains, Stop Chasing Pain
- Craig Liebenson - Manual Therapy Levitt
- Barret Dorko Simple Contact
- Running Analysis, New York Sportsmed
- DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation), New York
- HRV Training, Sports Psychologist Peter Lee, New York
- Equinox Performance Summit, SOHO New York
- Mastering Lower Limb Tendinopathy Course, Peter Malliaras
- Tim Gabbett: The Training Injury Prevention Paradox Webinar Series
- Sports Rehabilitation Masterclass With Phil Glasgow
- Run Science Symposium, La Trobe University, Melbourne 2018
We look forward to working with you...
Got a question?
You can contact us here