KNEE PAIN CLINIC ADELAIDE
We all experience knee pain at some point, whether its training for a half-marathon, climbing the stairs or simply just sitting with your knee bent. Knee pain is common. The problem is once your knee is strained, it often goes into protective mode.
This is where the outer quadriceps, ITB, hamstrings and calf simultaneously get tight, whilst the inner knee stabiliser (VMO) and glutes tend to switch off.
This can lead to pressure on the kneecap (patella) and in some cases can outlast the original injury. This muscle imbalance can be difficult to overcome on your own and possibly become chronic but there is definitely something you can do.
Our unique approach will have you feeling better right from day one with a combination of expert assessment and effective hands-on treatment.
Who we work with:
We don't work with just anyone with knee pain, but if you have the following symptoms there is a high chance we can help you:
- You're over 30 and getting nagging knee pain that's stopping you from doing what you love
- You find your knee getting achy and stiff while sitting
- Using stairs has become an issue due to pain
- You have trouble squatting or kneeling due to pain
- You are getting knee pain while running
How we help you:
- Give you an accurate diagnosis and identify relevant contributing factors
- Bring rapid relief through the use of innovative manual therapy techniques (that don't involve medication or surgery)
- Educate and empower you to keep your knees healthy in the long run with a personalised home exercise program
Some recent research has demonstrated that 65 per cent of people with knee arthritis and meniscus tears can avoid surgery by following a physiotherapy program (Katz et al. 2013).
The protocol involved an individualized physiotherapy treatment plan with a progressive home exercise program.
The three-stage structured program was designed to:
- decrease inflammation
- improve range of motion
- optimise muscle strength
- improve aerobic conditioning (e.g., with the use of a bicycle, elliptical machine, or treadmill)
- proprioception and balance re-training
Don't delay your treatment...
The occasional ache or pain may be nothing to worry about, but failing to pay attention to strong pain may end up causing you a lot of problems in the future. If knee pain is reducing your ability to take part in the activities your normally do, then it is time to get it looked at. In general, chronic knee pain or clicking that is affecting your life is a sign that something is wrong.
A serious problem will not correct itself, and left untreated, can result in more pain and irreversible damage.
If you think we are the right fit for you and you wish to get relief right away, use our simple online booking system to make an appointment.
If you would prefer to speak to us directly, call us 1300 657 813
Book your Initial Assessment now to start your healing journey & get back to doing what you love.
Dan O'Grady is a results driven qualified Physiotherapist and member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association. Dan has a special interest in treating knee pain. He has been working in private practice for 15 years with (over 20,000 patient consults). He is passionate about helping people to move better, feel better and get back to doing what they love.
Blogs to help your knee pain: